New Updates from Gateway Metro - May 15th, 2020
This reopening comes with new procedures. Some of those include:
- Employees will be spaced at greater distances from one another within the branches to allow them to conduct transactions for members while helping limit exposure for both the member and the employee.
- Employees will wear masks while assisting members.
- Members and visitors will be allowed to wear masks while in the branches. Due to the sensitive nature of our business and the need to properly identify who we are transacting with, those wearing a mask may be asked to temporarily remove the mask long enough for identification and will then be allowed to replace the mask.
- Signage will be placed in the branches to help with identifying the proper 6 feet of personal distance for those waiting for service.
- Extra cleaning measures will be taken and sanitizer will be available for both members and staff.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, please avoid coming into a branch. Speak with a Solution Center phone representative and we will work with you as best we can to accomplish your goals
We do understand that many of you will still be hesitant to visit a branch and we will continue to provide options for you as well. These include:
- You may continue to schedule an appointment online using our ‘Request an Appointment’ feature. A Member Service Representative will be closely monitoring this and will contact you back to discuss your request.
- You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through secure email within Virtual Branch.
- And, of course, our Solution Center will be available during regular business hours to answer your questions and help assist with your financial needs.
- Shared Branch access will be available through our drive up windows at Twin Oaks and St Peters locations moving forward.
Alternate Forms of Access
As we attempt to maintain social distancing as much as possible, we have these additional forms of access available to you.
- Use online banking and our mobile banking app to check balances, transfer money, pay bills and a variety of other services.
- During regular business hours, speak to a representative in our Solution Center by calling (314)621-4575 or (800)621-4828.
- Access your account by phone anytime day or night with our Audio Line at (888)763-7471. Your phone PIN is required. A phone PIN can be reissued upon request by contacting our Solution Center.
- Use our drive-up services at select locations.
- Drive-Up Windows and ATM: St Peters & Twin Oaks
- Drive-Up ITM/ATM: Shiloh, IL. ITM has video teller technology so you can speak with one of our MSRs through the machine. ITM service is available during regular business hours
If you have not already done so, here are a few things you might want to consider doing now to ensure you always have access to your accounts:
- Enroll in online banking to gain access to your accounts from home 24/7.
- Get a debit card for your account. You will be able to make deposits, pay for purchases and get cash through an ATM/ITM without the need to come into a branch.
- Download the Gateway Metro app for Apple and Android devices. You can deposit checks using the remote check deposit feature rather than going to a branch to deposit your check. (The deposit function does require an application which can be printed from our website.)
- Sign up for direct deposit if your employer offers it so your payroll check goes straight to your Gateway Metro account.
- Access your safe deposit box if there in anything you might need in the next few weeks.
- · Consider using one of these options to make loan payments.
- Online Banking: www.gogmfcu.org
- Mobile Banking: Download on the Apple App Store | Download on the Google Play Store
- Freedom 24 Audio Response Line: (888)763-7471
- Drop box locations: North, St Peters, Twin Oaks, and South*
- Mail Payments: P.O. Box 1020, St Louis, MO 63188-1020
- Online payment from another institution by ACH or Debit Card: Pay via Payment Vision
- Use our Automated phone system to pay by ACH or Debit Card from another institution 314-621-4575 option 1 or 800-621-4828 option 2
Specific Branch Information
At this time, our Shiloh branch will continue to function under restricted conditions. We will update changes to this as the state of Illinois makes changes to business requirements.
Shiloh – 848 N Green Mount Rd, Shiloh, IL 62221
- ITM Access for GMFCU Members Only
- Lobby Access by Appointment Only
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: ARE EMPLOYEES IN BRANCHES HEALTHY?
A: Yes. Employees are given paid sick days and have been instructed to stay home if they are sick. We have our employees and member safety as our highest priority.
Q: WHAT IF I AM SHOWING SYMPTOMS?
A: If you are showing any symptoms of illness, we ask that you please do not enter a branch in order to protect our employees and to lessen the spread of illness. Contact a Member Service Representative by phone or online for suggestions on completing the necessary transaction.
Q: IS THE CASH SANITIZED BEFORE GIVEN TO THE MEMBER?
A: No. We are unable to ‘sanitize’ currency before it is given to members. We recommend additional hand washing when handling cash. We try to provide hand sanitizer at each branch for your convenience.
Q: ARE YOU GOING TO CLOSE YOUR BRANCHES?
A: At this time we do not plan on completely closing any branches. We will allow access to all Missouri branches beginning May 18th, 2020 as long as proper social distancing is followed. We will be allowing access to our Shiloh, IL branch by appointment only for services that cannot be performed remotely. If you are wearing a medical face mask, you will be asked to briefly remove it so we can see your face for our employees’ safety. You may then reapply the mask before conducting any business.
ITM/ATMS, drive-ups, and online services continue to be available as normal
Q: IF BRANCH LOCATIONS ARE CLOSED WILL ALL MY DIRECT DEPOSIT AND AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS STILL BE MADE?
A: Yes. All automatic transactions will be processed with no anticipated interruption.
Q: IF A MEMBER IS FINANCIALLY IMPACTED DUE TO LOSS OF WORK OR PAY ARE THEY STILL EXPECTED TO MAKE THEIR LOAN PAYMENTS?
A: Loan payments are expected by their payment due date, but extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our Members Resolution Department to discuss your situation further. We understand the current situation offers different challenges for different members. Our team is prepared to discuss your individual situation and determine a workable solution.
Q: IF BRANCHES COMPLETELY CLOSE HOW WILL I GET CASH?
A: You can use an ATM or get cash back with your debit card at most retailers.
Q: IS SHARED BRANCH STILL AVAILABLE TO GATEWAY METRO MEMBERS?
A: At this uncertain time, each institution is making individual decisions on whether they will continue to offer Shared Branch services. If in the St. Louis Metro area, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your transaction needs before visiting a Shared Branch location. This will help prevent possible delays and allow us to make suggestions based on your individual circumstance.
Q: WILL YOU STILL SERVICE SHARED BRANCH MEMBERS?
A: Shared Branch members will be able to gain access to our branch lobbies as long as proper social distancing guidelines are followed. Shared Branch users will also continue to have access to our ATMs, if part of the CO-OP ATM Network. We will continue to allow Shared Branch transactions at our drive-up windows located at our Twin Oaks and St Peters locations. A shared branch transaction slip will be needed for any transactions. And a photo id will be required for withdrawals made through the drive-ups.
Q: CAN I WITHDRAW AS MUCH CASH AS I WANT?
A: We will continue our standard withdrawal practices. Our standard is a limit of $1,500 cash withdrawal for members and Shared Branch has a limit of $500. For your own safety we do not recommend you withdraw large amounts of cash. Your deposits are insured by the NCUA so your money is safest here in your account. If you are a member and still wish to make a large withdrawal, please advise your branch at least 24 hours in advance so they have sufficient cash. There are no exceptions for Shared Branch. The limit will remain at $500.
Q: HOW MUCH CASH CAN I GET FROM AN ATM?
A: ATM Withdrawal limits are not changing. The standard withdrawal limit is $510 per 24 hour period from your account (including any ATM fees). However, ATMs may have varying limits of how much they will dispense in one transaction. So, it may require multiple transactions to withdraw the full amount.
Q: WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH ONLINE BANKING OR MY DEBIT CARD AND YOU ARE CLOSED?
A: Extended hours are available for some services using the following contact information.
- Freedom 24 Audio Response Line: (888) 763-7471
- Virtual Branch Customer Service: (888) 887-3188
- After-Hours Loan Processing: (800) 801-1353
- Report Lost/Stolen Debit Card: (800) 472-3272
- Debit Card Customer Service (outside U.S): (800) 554-8969
- Credit Card Customer Service: (800) 558-3424